Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Abhinandan Prateek <Ab...@citrix.com> on 2012/05/23 07:31:16 UTC

FW: Regions - further discussions

>>Dependencies:
>>The feature has dependency on
>>*         object store implementation
>>*         storing Templates and Snapshots in object store
>>*         making ELB Region-level

Will start looking at S3 API and Hadoop as a back end storage.

-abhi

RE: Regions - further discussions

Posted by Kishan Kavala <Ki...@citrix.com>.

I've update the spec with details about Account management across Regions:

Accounts:

- When creating the account, it is created first in the Region that the user is logged into
- Account UUID will include Region marker, indicating the Region that it is created from
- This Region is then responsible for propagation of Account creation to other Regions
- If a Region receives a login from an unknown uuid, then use the Region marker to auto-propagate the account into this region from another Region or its origins
- Account deletion is always forwarded to the Region that originally created the account
- The Region that originally created account is responsible for deleting the account from all of the regions before it declares the account is deleted. If it cannot reach an Region, account deletion fails.

The same applies for Domains.

Please let me know your thoughts on the above mentioned approach for Account Management.

~kishan

RE: Regions - further discussions

Posted by Abhinandan Prateek <Ab...@citrix.com>.

Chiradeep is already looking at s3/Hadoop.

-abhi