Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "R. Lake" <la...@cs.man.ac.uk> on 2002/05/13 18:09:01 UTC

User Guide.. Problem with Example 6 (Java2WSDL)

I've just installed Axis (beta 2) and get correct results for examples 1 - 5
of the user guide.

I'm following the section "Java2WSDL: Building WSDL from Java" and executing
the first command from within my Axis installation:

java org.apache.axis.wsdl.Java2WSDL -o
p.wsdl  -l"http://localhost:8080/axis/services/WidgetPrice" -n
"urn:Example6" -p"samples.userguide.example6" "urn:Example6"
samples.userguide.example6.WidgetPrice

As a result, the following exception is raised:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: samples.userguide.example6.WidgetPrice
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:186)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:322)
        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.fromJava.Emitter.setCls(Emitter.java:992)
        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.Java2WSDL.main(Java2WSDL.java:354)
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at java.lang.Class.isAssignableFrom(Native Method)
        at
org.apache.axis.description.ServiceDesc.setImplClass(ServiceDesc.java:198)
        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.fromJava.Emitter.emit(Emitter.java:214)
        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.fromJava.Emitter.emit(Emitter.java:282)
        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.Java2WSDL.main(Java2WSDL.java:358)

Obviously it can't find the class but I've tried variations of the
classpath - "java samples.userguide.example6.WidgetPrice" produces the
correct error message. The file is also present in "WEB-INF/classes" as it
should be. Therefore, is there some part of preparation for this example
I've missed?

Richard.