Posted to users@maven.apache.org by nicolas de loof <ni...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/01 07:09:40 UTC

Re: Using maven for JavaScript projects

I've created a wiki entry
(http://hammerfest.wiki.sourceforge.net/mavan-javascript-tools)
to resume the ideas exposed in this thread.

please be nice and don't blame me for my ugly english ;-)
(any native english reader is welcome to fix my linguistics errors)

Nico

Posted by nicolas de loof <ni...@gmail.com>.
I've created a work-in-progress page :
http://hammerfest.wiki.sourceforge.net/maven-javascript-plugin++Work+in+Progress

The proposed lifecycle is :

process-sources : ability to merge multiple individual js files into
one (or more ?) js using a assembly schema.
compile : copy js to target/scripts
test : run jsunit (or other ?) tests
package : archiva target/scripts into a custom .jsar archive format
install
deploy

also provide a copydependency mojo to be used in web application to
handle jsar dependencies.

Posted by Raphaël Piéroni <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi Nicolas,
Maybe you typoed the URL ?
new one: http://hammerfest.wiki.sourceforge.net/maven-javascript-tools

Raphaël

Posted by nicolas de loof <ni...@gmail.com>.
I plan to add support for the yahoo compressor. I have some issues with the
dojo one (needs to reset the rhino context, and found no way to do so)

I'll look at the plugin you pointed, thanks.

Posted by Haroon Rafique <ha...@utoronto.ca>.

Posted by Haroon Rafique <ha...@utoronto.ca>.
On Today at 7:09am, ndl=>nicolas de loof <ni...@gmail.com> wrote:

ndl> I've created a wiki entry
ndl> (http://hammerfest.wiki.sourceforge.net/mavan-javascript-tools)
ndl> to resume the ideas exposed in this thread.
ndl>
ndl> please be nice and don't blame me for my ugly english ;-)
ndl> (any native english reader is welcome to fix my linguistics errors)
ndl>

Hi Nico,

Could you add another js tool to the list? I haven't started using it, but
it also looks promising in the link/compress category.

Its the yuicompressor-maven-plugin
http://alchim.sourceforge.net/yuicompressor-maven-plugin/overview.html
based on YUICompressor:
http://www.julienlecomte.net/blog/2007/09/28/yui-compressor-version-221-now-available/