Posted to users@sling.apache.org by Martin Phee <ma...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/18 14:38:00 UTC

Jackrabbit RMI Question

I'm trying out Jackrabbit Explorer and it needs a RMI URL to the Jackrabbit
service.  Is an RMI listener started automatically?  I don't see anything
listening outside of 8080 using lsof.

If not is there a way to start it so that I can use external tools to
connect to Sling's Jackrabbit instance?

thank you,

Marty

Re: Jackrabbit RMI Question

Posted by Martin Phee <ma...@gmail.com>.
It does take a URL, but it's expecting an RMI URL.

Though, I did get the external RMI working.  When I looked at the RMI
Register configuration I saw 1099 as the value and assumed it was going to
try.  I didn't realize that was a default value and I had to hit save to
get it to open an RMI port.

I was able to create a small app to connect.

thank you....   More questions to come  :-)

I saw your post about Vaadin and Sling.  Where is that in GitHub?  I'm
vetting out Sling for a large project we're working on and want to use a
GWT app for the admin screens.

Re: Jackrabbit RMI Question

Posted by Mike Hummel <mh...@mikehummel.de>.
Hi Martin,