Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com> on 2020/01/24 10:27:15 UTC

[VOTE] Do not release R17 and directly publish R18 instead.

Hi,

R16 is now an old distribution and has almost reached its end of support. We can soon expect a last release but we need to think about the next to be
released package

Some would prefer to release R17 before releasing R18, some would prefer to bypass R17 release and directly publish R18 instead.

Vote:
[ +1] Do not release R17 and directly publish R18 instead.
[ -1]  Release R17 before releasing R18

We had already 3 months to discuss without reaching a consensus, so this vote will be only open for a week.

Note that it's not a formal vote to release R17 or R18, as that is another process documented at
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Release+Management+Guide+for+OFBiz

Thank you for your attention

Jacques

Re: [VOTE] Do not release R17 and directly publish R18 instead.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Ingo,

Your message has been moderated.

Please subscribe to the dev ML and then use your email client.

Thanks

Jacques

Posted by Ingo Könemann <in...@ecomify.de>.
-1

Ingo Könemann

Re: [VOTE] Do not release R17 and directly publish R18 instead.

Posted by Mathieu Lirzin <ma...@nereide.fr>.
Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com> writes:

> Vote:
> [ +1] Do not release R17 and directly publish R18 instead.
> [ -1]  Release R17 before releasing R18

+1

--
Mathieu Lirzin
GPG: F2A3 8D7E EB2B 6640 5761  070D 0ADE E100 9460 4D37

Re: [VOTE] Do not release R17 and directly publish R18 instead.

Posted by Aditya Sharma <ad...@apache.org>.
-1

Thanks and Regards,
Aditya Sharma

Posted by James Yong <ja...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Michael Brohl <mi...@ecomify.de>.
-1

Michael Brohl

ecomify GmbH - www.ecomify.de

Posted by Dennis Balkir <de...@ecomify.de>.
-1

Dennis Balkir

Posted by Nicolas Malin <ni...@nereide.fr>.
-1

Nicolas

Posted by Pawan Verma <pa...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
-1
--
Thanks & Regards
Pawan Verma

Posted by Benjamin Jugl <be...@ecomify.de>.
-1

Re: Polluting the vote thread, was: [VOTE] Do not release R17 and directly publish R18 instead.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Sure, just that Taher started with "I'm not sure what is the necessity for skipping a branch." and I wanted to explain more my perspective.

OK the buck stop here :)

Jacques

Posted by Michael Brohl <mi...@ecomify.de>.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Taher,

Posted by Taher Alkhateeb <sl...@gmail.com>.
-1

Posted by Gil Portenseigne <gi...@nereide.fr>.
+1

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
+1

Jacques

Posted by Swapnil M Mane <sw...@apache.org>.
-1

Best regards,
Swapnil M Mane,
ofbiz.apache.org

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Ulrich ,

Posted by Ulrich Heidfeld <ul...@ecomify.de>.
-1

Ulrich Heidfeld

Re: [VOTE] [RESULT] Do not release R17 and directly publish R18 instead.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Ah, we crossed on wire with Dennis's -1 vote, anyway again it does not change the result

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@gmail.com>.
0

Jacopo

On Fri, Jan 24, 2020 at 11:27 AM Jacques Le Roux <

Posted by Paul Foxworthy <pa...@cohsoft.com.au.INVALID>.
+1

Thanks

Paul Foxworthy

--
Coherent Software Australia Pty Ltd
PO Box 2773

Phone: +61 3 9585 6788
Web: http://www.coherentsoftware.com.au/
Email: info@coherentsoftware.com.au

Re: [VOTE] Do not release R17 and directly publish R18 instead.

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@apache.org>.
+1

Best regards,

Pierre Smits