Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by James McManus <jm...@yahoo.com> on 2007/02/08 02:44:36 UTC

[users@httpd] error while loading shared libraries: libpq.so.5

Hi - How do I set library path for httpd server on fedora core 6? I am
trying to run a program (mapserv) through cgi-bin. I am getting the
following error message:

error while loading shared libraries: libpq.so.5

This file is located in /usr/local/pgsql/lib

To run mapserv from shell, I set LD_LIBRARY_PATH, in my .bashrc file
(bad habit). How do I make similar setting so that it will run under
cgi-bin?

Thanks
Jim

Re: [users@httpd] error while loading shared libraries: libpq.so.5

Posted by Steve Feehan <sf...@boolecat.com>.
On Wed, Feb 07, 2007 at 08:44:36PM -0500, James McManus wrote:
> Hi - How do I set library path for httpd server on fedora core 6? I am
> trying to run a program (mapserv) through cgi-bin. I am getting the
> following error message:
>
> error while loading shared libraries: libpq.so.5
>
> This file is located in /usr/local/pgsql/lib
>
> To run mapserv from shell, I set LD_LIBRARY_PATH, in my .bashrc file
> (bad habit). How do I make similar setting so that it will run under
> cgi-bin?

A couple options:

  1. Add the directory to /etc/ld.so.conf and update the cache by
  running ldconfig.

  2. Create a wrapper that calls the actual binary. Put the
  LD_LIBRARY_PATH in the wrapper. For example:

    #!/bin/sh

    LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/pgsql/lib exec /path/to/actual/cgi/binary

  3. Link the program with /usr/local/pgsql/lib in the runtime
  library search path. See the ld(1) man page for the -rpath option.
  Also, see the gcc(1) man page for passing arguments to ld
  (specifically, the -Wl option):

    gcc -Wl,-rpath,/usr/local/pgsql/lib ... etc ...

Maybe others I'm not thinking of?

--
Steve Feehan