Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Bob Yetman <bo...@verizon.net> on 2008/08/09 02:32:39 UTC

Correlate between two thread groups?

I've just started using JMeter at work, and one project I've been
assigned is
to develop a test for part of an order demo process we're developing.

This test must submit a SOAP/XML request and monitor a JMS topic for a
reply (which simulates an external process doing something with the order).

I've got the basic test working:

Thread group 1 -
	Soap XML Request Sampler
Thread group 2 -
	JMS Subscriber Sampler

The basic test works, I can send requests in and get results back, but
now I need
to correlate between the two thread groups.   That is, I send out order
id's #1 - 100,
and I get the same order id's back, and nothing else.  The order id is
in the XML
request sent out, and in the response data received back.

I thought about using beanshell pre/post processors to  write out the
id's, and then use
an external script to parse the logs, but I was wondering if there is a
better way.

Any thoughts/ideas on ways to do this?

Bob Yetman

Re: Correlate between two thread groups?

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 09/08/2008, Bob Yetman <bo...@verizon.net> wrote:
> I've just started using JMeter at work, and one project I've been assigned
> is
>  to develop a test for part of an order demo process we're developing.
>
>  This test must submit a SOAP/XML request and monitor a JMS topic for a
>  reply (which simulates an external process doing something with the order).
>
>  I've got the basic test working:
>
>  Thread group 1 -
>         Soap XML Request Sampler
>  Thread group 2 -
>         JMS Subscriber Sampler
>
>  The basic test works, I can send requests in and get results back, but now
> I need
>  to correlate between the two thread groups.   That is, I send out order
> id's #1 - 100,
>  and I get the same order id's back, and nothing else.  The order id is in
> the XML
>  request sent out, and in the response data received back.
>
>  I thought about using beanshell pre/post processors to  write out the id's,
> and then use
>  an external script to parse the logs, but I was wondering if there is a
> better way.
>
>  Any thoughts/ideas on ways to do this?

Why not put the order ids in a file, and read that file to both send
the requests and validate the responses?

The current version of JMeter (2.3.2) has an option to change the
sharing mode for CSV Dataset input files - "Current Thread Group" is
probably most suitable.