Posted to c-users@xalan.apache.org by Kelvin <ke...@gmail.com> on 2006/05/19 17:15:32 UTC

Can Xalan be compiled with unicode support on VS2005

Hi there,

Just want to know if Xalan can be compiled with unicode support on VS2005 ?

I tried today, but failed with the following mesasges:

CreateFileW' : cannot convert parameter 1 from 'const char *const ' to 'LPCWSTR'

Thanks,
-Kelvin

Re: Can Xalan be compiled with unicode support on VS2005

Posted by David Bertoni <db...@apache.org>.
Kelvin wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Just want to know if Xalan can be compiled with unicode support on VS2005 ?
>
> I tried today, but failed with the following mesasges:
>
> CreateFileW' : cannot convert parameter 1 from 'const char *const ' to
> 'LPCWSTR'

By "compiled with unicode support," I'm assuming you've set the
"Character Set" property from "Use Multi-Byte Character Set" to "Use
Unicode Character Set."

I suppose you could do this, by hacking the source code enough, but I'm
not sure what you want to accomplish.  Xalan-C already fully supports
Unicode, without modifying the project options.

If you want to do this, you probably should just change the call to
CreateFile to CreateFileA.  I will make sure this change gets into the
next version.  I don't know what other issues you'll run into, but they
should be few, since Xalan-C doesn't use many Windows-specific APIs.

Dave