Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by ad...@jbscomputerservices.com on 2002/07/11 15:04:59 UTC

re: questions on Xalan

----- Forwarded by Adam Wingrove/JBS Computer Services/GB on 11/07/02 14:04
-----

                    Dirk-Willem
                    van Gulik            To:     adam.wingrove@jbscomputerservices.com
                    <dirkx@webwea        cc:
                    ving.org>            Subject:     re: questions on Xalan

                    11/07/02
                    14:28

You may want to ask this on xalan-dev@xml.apache.org - where there are
more experts. I have personally no knowledge of the OS/400 and Java.

Dw.

On Thu, 11 Jul 2002 adam.wingrove@jbscomputerservices.com wrote:

> Dear Dirk-Willem van Gulik
>
> I have downloaded and installed the contents of xalan-j_2_4_D1.bin.zip
from
> the apache.org web site onto two of our iSeries machines. One of these
> machines is running V5R1 of OS/400 and the other V4R4. I have
successfully
> performed several tests on the machine running V5R1 of creating html
files
> from applying xsl stylesheets to xml input using Xalan. However, as
> expected, there was a problem on the machine running V4R4, even though
the
> classpath and files being used were identical.
>
> As advised in the Xalan requirements, I visited ibm.com/java/jdk in order
> to update the JDK on the V4R4 machine, selecting AS/400 Toolbox for Java
> and proceeding to download and install the contents of jtopen_3_1.zip.
> However, after adding the jt400.jar file to the classpath, my tests with
> Xalan on V4R4 still do not succeed. Here is the actual error and the
value
> of my classpath:
>
>                                                         QSH Command Entry
>   $
> > java org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process -DIAG -HTML -IN /tmp/invoices.xml
-XSL
> /tmp/invoices.xsl -OUT /tmp/invtest.html
>   javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactoryConfigurationError: Provider for
> javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory cannot be found
>         java/lang/Error.<init>(Ljava/lang/String;)V+1 (Error.java:53)
>         javax/xml/transform/TransformerFactory.newInstance
> ()Ljavax/xml/transform/TransformerFactory;+23 (??????????:??)
>         org/apache/xalan/xslt/Process.main([Ljava/lang/String;)V+48
> (Process.java:209)
>   Xalan: was not successful.
>   $
>

>                          Display Environment Var (*JOB)
>  Name  . . . . . . . . . :   CLASSPATH
>  Value . . . . . . . . . :
> '/xalan-j_2_4_D1/bin/xalan.jar:/xalan-j_2_4_D1/bin/

xercesImpl.jar:/xalan-j_2_4_D1/bin/xml-apis.jar:/jtopen_3_1/lib/jt400.jar'

RE: questions on Xalan

Posted by Gary L Peskin <ga...@firstech.com>.
Adam --

>From your command line, try typing

java org.apache.xalan.xslt.EnvironmentCheck

This will print out some diagnostic information.  Have a look at the
java.ext.dirs directory.  This will show if you have any extensions
installed which could be a likely cause of this problem.  If you're not
able to find the problem, paste the results of EnvironmentCheck back to
the e-mail list and we'll go from there.

Obviously, something is different in the environment on the two
machines.

Thanks,
Gary