Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by BCorrigan <bc...@tagcorporate.com> on 2002/10/03 17:13:33 UTC

Help!!

Another 6 hours at this this morning.. I think im losing it :)

Greetings!

I have been trying in desperation for three days to get the following
configuration working.  I've scoured Usenet groups, Jakarta documentation,
and by all accounts I think what I'm doing should work.  Unfortunately, I
must be doing something wrong because things just aren't working as I
thought they should...

Here's the gig:

I have two servers, PROXY and APACHE.

APACHE:
Tomcat3
JDK
Apache 1.3
Apps: Citrix NFuse 1.7
IP: 192.168.1.15
Mod_JK

PROXY:
Apache 1.3
IP: 192.168.1.16, 12.23.45.67

The application is installed and running on Apache.  The / directory has a
web site we built using PHP up and running.  The /Citrix/ directory is
aliased correctly, and MOD_JK passes the *.jsp files to AJP13. When I go to
http://192.168.1.15:80 <http://192.168.1.15:80>  all works appropriately.
When I go to http://192.168.1.15:80/Citrix/NFuse17/
<http://192.168.1.15:80/Citrix/NFuse17/>  I see my Citrix application.  All
is well....

I am trying to make the entire web site available on the internet via our
NAT server called PROXY.  Proxy is a completely stock apache install with
two lines added to the httpd.conf file that pass all requests on via
mod_proxy to 192.168.1.15.  (Mod_Proxy is enabled correctly)

ProxyPass / http://192.168.1.15/ <http://192.168.1.15/>
ProxyPassReverse / http://192.18.1.15/ <http://192.18.1.15/>

When I access the external IP of PROXY I get the web site stored on Apache
just fine.  Mod_Proxy is working...  When I go to /Citrix/ I see that Tomcat
is driving and I get a directory listing.  When I try to go to
/Citrix/NFuse17/ (the directory that actually has my application in it) I
get a page cannot be displayed error.  It seems that tomcat is not correctly
configured to pass JSP pages back to the proxy server.

I'm not sure what I'm missing?  Do I need to modify my server.xml file on
apache?

Any help would be much appreciated!!

Brian Corrigan
Information Services Manager