Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Wido den Hollander <wi...@widodh.nl> on 2022/04/06 09:25:36 UTC

Build in main branch failing due to SSL exception when downloading a resource

Hi,

On my Ubuntu laptop I tried building the main branch and this fails:

[INFO] --- download-maven-plugin:1.6.3:wget (download-checksums) @
cloud-engine-schema ---
[WARNING] Ignoring download failure.
[WARNING] Could not get content
javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: PKIX path building failed:
sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to
find valid certification path to requested target
     at sun.security.ssl.Alert.createSSLException (Alert.java:131)
     at sun.security.ssl.TransportContext.fatal (TransportContext.java:352)

I traced this back to this part:

*engine/schema/pom.xml*
                     <execution>
                         <id>download-checksums</id>
                         <phase>validate</phase>
                         <goals>
                             <goal>wget</goal>
                         </goals>
                         <configuration>

<url>https://download.cloudstack.org/systemvm/${cs.version}/md5sum.txt</url>

<outputDirectory>${basedir}/dist/systemvm-templates/</outputDirectory>
                             <skipCache>true</skipCache>
                             <overwrite>true</overwrite>
                         </configuration>
                     </execution>

The 'url' points to download.cloudstack.org where it wants to download a
resource.

https://download.cloudstack.org/systemvm/4.16/md5sum.txt

I can download the file just fine via my browser, with cURL or wget, but
my Java on my Ubuntu laptop seems to fail.

I'm building with openjdk-11-jdk on Ubuntu 20.04 which is version:

javac 11.0.14.1

It seems that my local Java is missing the certificate chain for the
LetsEncrypt cert for download.cloudstack.org

Anybody else seeing this?

Wido

Re: Build in main branch failing due to SSL exception when downloading a resource

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi Wido,

I don't get this issue, I'm using openjdk version "11.0.15" 2022-04-19.

Maybe @Pearl d'Silva<ma...@shapeblue.com> has some idea how to fix this?

Regards.