Posted to dev@kudu.apache.org by "Yang, Chun-Fu (Eric,HPSW-BTO-R&D-SH)" <ch...@hpe.com> on 2016/10/27 09:44:10 UTC

kudu configuration issue

Hi,
I  just installed kudu on Ubuntu 14.04.1 x86_64 system.
After installation, kudu-master and kudu-tserver services started and can access the web ui.

Afther that,I stop the service and  configured   --fs_data_dirs=/home/myname/kudu/data in /etc/default/kudu-master
Then when I start kudu-master, the following message was printed in the console

/etc/default/kudu-master: line 1: --fs_data_dirs=/home/myname/kudu/data: No such file or directory
But the folder  /home/myname/kudu/data do exist, I just created it before change the configuration.

What's the problem here?

Thanks,
Chunfu

Re: kudu configuration issue

Posted by Adar Dembo <ad...@cloudera.com>.
(dropping issues@kudu; that list is just for e-mails generated by our
JIRA bug tracker)

To change the data directories, you'll need to change the value of
--fs_data_dirs in /etc/kudu/{master,tserver}.gflagfile. Adding it to
/etc/default/kudu-master the way you did will have no effect. Make
sure the new directories exist, and that the Kudu user can
read/write/execute to them.

Background: /etc/default/kudu-{master,tserver} are shell scripts that
are sourced by the Kudu init.d scripts. The bulk of Kudu configuration
must be defined the gflagfiles, found in /etc/kudu. The reason for
this separation is because the init.d scripts also need to know about
a few parameter values, so those parameters are passed in via shell
script instead of gflagfiles.

Posted by Dinesh Bhat <di...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Chun-fu,

Posted by Suzanne McIntosh <sm...@cloudera.com>.
Hi,
It looks the form for /etc/kudu/conf/master.gflagfile is:

* --fs_data_dirs=/home/myname/kudu/data*

but in /etc/default/kudu-master the form is:

*export FLAGS_data_dir=/home/myname/kudu/data* (to create an env variable).