Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Joan Touzet <wo...@apache.org> on 2018/07/10 18:20:59 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache CouchDB 2.1.2 released

Dear community,

Apache CouchDB 2.1.2 has been released and is available for download.

CouchDB is a database that completely embraces the web. Store your data with JSON documents. Access your documents with your web browser, via HTTP. Query, combine, and transform your documents with JavaScript. CouchDB works well with modern web and mobile apps. You can distribute your data, efficiently using CouchDB’s incremental replication. CouchDB supports master-master setups with automatic conflict detection.

CouchDB comes with a suite of features, such as on-the-fly document transformation and real-time change notifications, that make web development a breeze. It even comes with an easy to use web administration console, served directly out of CouchDB! We care a lot about distributed scaling. CouchDB is highly available and partition tolerant, but is also eventually consistent. And we care a lot about your data. CouchDB has a fault-tolerant storage engine that puts the safety of your data first.

Download your copy here:

    https://couchdb.apache.org/#download

Pre-built packages for Windows, macOS, Debian/Ubuntu and RHEL/CentOS are available.

CouchDB 2.1.2 is a security release, and was originally published on 2018-07-10.

The community would like to thank all contributors for their part in making this release, from the smallest bug report or patch to major contributions in code, design, or marketing, we couldn’t have done it without you!

The release notes follow.

Address CVE-2018-8007: Authenticated privilege escalation. See http://blog.couchdb.org/2018/07/11/cve-2018-8007 for details

On behalf of the CouchDB PMC,
Joan

Re: Apache CouchDB 2.1.2 released

Posted by Joan Touzet <wo...@apache.org>.
Hi Mark,

The uploaded binary packages now include a libmozjs185 that we are
compiling and providing as a convenience to the community, for all
supported packaged platforms - Debian, Ubuntu, RHEL, CentOS.

You will see this as couch-libmozjs185 (.deb) or couch-js (.rpm). The
new 2.1.2 CouchDB package uses this package instead, obsoleting or
eclipsing the original libmozjs185/js-185 package.

The source instructions for this package are a merged set of the
RPM and Debian rules for the package, intended to ensure all patches
necessary have been applied (including things like arm64 support for
future use.) You can find those instructions here, along with a
summary of the decisions taken for patch inclusion/exclusion:

    https://github.com/apache/couchdb-pkg/tree/master/js

CouchDB packages include for the first time Ubuntu Bionic (18.04
LTS) binaries.

It does NOT allow CouchDB to run against any newer libmozjs, sorry.

-Joan

Does this fix the problem with post 1.8.5 Javascript that we saw about a month or two ago?

Thanks.

Mark Richter

[...]

The information contained in this message is confidential and is intended for the addressee(s) only. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the message. Unless you are an addressee (or authorized to receive for an addressee), you may not use, copy or disclose to anyone this message or any information contained in this message. The unauthorized use, disclosure, copying or alteration of this message is strictly prohibited.

RE: Apache CouchDB 2.1.2 released

Posted by Mark Richter <mr...@solarflare.com>.
Hi Joan,