Posted to dev@sqoop.apache.org by Abraham Elmahrek <ab...@cloudera.com> on 2014/10/21 18:24:51 UTC

Sqoop 1.99.4 Release?

It seems a lot has changed in Sqoop2. For example, Sqoop2 has been
refactored to be more generic (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SQOOP-1367), APIs have been changed
and have been stabilizing as a result.

Let's do a new Sqoop2 release? If so, we could follow the same approach
we've had for the previous releases: one committer will volunteer as a
release mentor and one community volunteer to be release manager. I'm up
for being release mentor!

-Abe

Re: Sqoop 1.99.4 Release?

Posted by Jarek Jarcec Cecho <ja...@apache.org>.
We’ve lastly released Sqoop 2 last year, so I think that it’s definitely time for a new release.

+1 on the release and +1 on Gwen to be the release manager.

Jarcec

Re: Sqoop 1.99.4 Release?

Posted by Gwen Shapira <gs...@cloudera.com>.
+1 for doing a new release.