Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Glen Stampoultzis <tr...@iprimus.com.au> on 2002/10/21 02:01:35 UTC

RE: Is Cactus successful (was RE: [PROPOSAL] Tapestry joins Jakarta)

At 06:43 PM 20/10/2002 +0100, you wrote:

> [...]

Well I can tell you Andy has always been pretty pushy (I mean assertive :)
about getting people to contribute fixes to their own problems.   I think
this attitude has led people be become more active than they otherwise
would have been.  The fact that he's always talking his head off (I mean
discussing:) stuff on various lists probably goes a long way to advertising
his produce.  In addition to that each news worthy event tends to be
advertised at various places. (freemeat, javalobby etc).

It would be great to have a marketing guide somewhere on the site.

Regards,

Glen (the quiet POI committer).

RE: Is Cactus successful (was RE: [PROPOSAL] Tapestry joins Jakarta)

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org>.
LOL...  oh yes I forgot to note "announce the crap out of everything"
;-)

Andy "the assertive pushy talkative poi committer who doesn't eat
cheese"

> Well I can tell you Andy has always been pretty pushy (I mean assertive :)
> about getting people to contribute fixes to their own problems.   I think
> this attitude has led people be become more active than they otherwise
> would have been.  The fact that he's always talking his head off (I mean
> discussing:) stuff on various lists probably goes a long way to advertising
> his produce.  In addition to that each news worthy event tends to be
> advertised at various places. (freemeat, javalobby etc).
>
> It would be great to have a marketing guide somewhere on the site.
>
> Regards,
>
> Glen (the quiet POI committer).

http://www.superlinksoftware.com - software solutions for business
http://jakarta.apache.org/poi - Excel/Word/OLE 2 Compound Document in
Java
http://krysalis.sourceforge.net/centipede - the best build/project
structure
		    a guy/gal could have! - Make Ant simple on complex Projects!
vote.
-Ambassador Kosh