Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Alex Huang <Al...@citrix.com> on 2012/10/03 20:59:56 UTC

RFC: Releasing 4.0.0

Hi Everyone,

I apologize for how late this RFC is sent in the 4.0.0 release.  Noah gave an example during irc today what the process should be.  This email should have been sent quite some time ago.  I think the community has already been in release mode for basically the past month.  This is just to make sure we go through the process correctly.

CloudStack community is shipping release 4.0.0.  Currently because we've been in ship mode the past month, all features that made 4.0.0 are already committed to the 4.0 branch.

Please check out the NEWS and CHANGES files to make sure everything is up to date.

Thanks,

--Alex

Re: RFC: Releasing 4.0.0

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.
I've followed the test procedure noted below, and have raised the
following bugs:

Both are during the management server's startup process.

-chip

Re: RFC: Releasing 4.0.0

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.

RE: RFC: Releasing 4.0.0

Posted by Edison Su <Ed...@citrix.com>.

Re: RFC: Releasing 4.0.0

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.
On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 3:04 PM, Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 2:59 PM, Alex Huang <Al...@citrix.com> wrote:
>> Hi Everyone,
>>
>> I apologize for how late this RFC is sent in the 4.0.0 release.  Noah gave an example during irc today what the process should be.  This email should have been sent quite some time ago.  I think the community has already been in release mode for basically the past month.  This is just to make sure we go through the process correctly.
>>
>> CloudStack community is shipping release 4.0.0.  Currently because we've been in ship mode the past month, all features that made 4.0.0 are already committed to the 4.0 branch.
>>
>> Please check out the NEWS and CHANGES files to make sure everything is up to date.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> --Alex
>>

> I'll be following up with a specific build to review and test later
> today (this evening US ET).
>
> -chip

I've posted 4.0.0.beta4 here:

Re: RFC: Releasing 4.0.0

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.

Re: RFC: Releasing 4.0.0

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@tumbolia.org>.
NEWS and CHANGES are byproducts of Autotools.

Use whatever makes sense for a Java project to communicate these items.

I will have a look through my email to see if I can spot any other blockers.

--
NS

Re: RFC: Releasing 4.0.0

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.