Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Siddhartha Argollo <sl...@tre-ba.gov.br> on 2007/06/08 17:53:46 UTC

[T5] StackMapTable format error: bad class index

Hi all,

First of all: I'm using the 5.0.5 snapshot with JBoss 4.0.5-GA.
I have a component named LoginView. It shows the login status of the user.
The thing is, if I implement the beginRender method in this way:

@Inject
private SecurityService security;

void beginRender(MarkupWriter writer)
{
if( this.security.getAuthentication().isAuthenticated() )
{ ...
writer.write(this.security.getAuthentication().getUserName());
}
else ...
}

The application works fine. But, if I change the code to this:

@Inject
private SecurityService security;

void beginRender(MarkupWriter writer)
{
Authentication auth = this.security.getAuthentication();
if( auth.isAuthenticated() )
{ ...
writer.write(auth.getAuthentication().getUserName());
}
else ...
}

I receive the following exception:

An unexpected application exception has occurred.
* java.lang.ClassFormatError
StackMapTable format error: bad class index
Stack trace
o java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructors0(Native Method)
o java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Unknown Source)
o java.lang.Class.getConstructors(Unknown Source)
org.apache.tapestry.internal.services.ReflectiveInstantiator.findConstructor(ReflectiveInstantiator.java:65)
org.apache.tapestry.internal.services.ReflectiveInstantiator.<init>(ReflectiveInstantiator.java:53)

I just want to know if this is a bug, or if I´m missing something, or if
I´m going crazy!
Thanks.

Sid.

Re: [T5] StackMapTable format error: bad class index

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
That's an odd one!

You've done the normal ... clean rebuild, fresh restart, etc?

Are you using any inner classes in your page/component?  I recently
fixed a bug (in 5.0.5) related to those.

If you can use 5.0.5 please do ... it produces much more comprehensive
exception data when an error occurs related to runtime bytecode
enhancement.

On 6/8/07, Siddhartha Argollo <sl...@tre-ba.gov.br> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> First of all: I'm using the 5.0.5 snapshot with JBoss 4.0.5-GA.
> I have a component named LoginView. It shows the login status of the user.
> The thing is, if I implement the beginRender method in this way:
>
> @Inject
> private SecurityService security;
>
> void beginRender(MarkupWriter writer)
> {
> if( this.security.getAuthentication().isAuthenticated() )
> { ...
> writer.write(this.security.getAuthentication().getUserName());
> }
> else ...
> }
>
> The application works fine. But, if I change the code to this:
>
> @Inject
> private SecurityService security;
>
> void beginRender(MarkupWriter writer)
> {
> Authentication auth = this.security.getAuthentication();
> if( auth.isAuthenticated() )
> { ...
> writer.write(auth.getAuthentication().getUserName());
> }
> else ...
> }
>
> I receive the following exception:
>
> An unexpected application exception has occurred.
> * java.lang.ClassFormatError
> StackMapTable format error: bad class index
> Stack trace
> o java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructors0(Native Method)
> o java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Unknown Source)
> o java.lang.Class.getConstructors(Unknown Source)
> org.apache.tapestry.internal.services.ReflectiveInstantiator.findConstructor(ReflectiveInstantiator.java:65)
> org.apache.tapestry.internal.services.ReflectiveInstantiator.<init>(ReflectiveInstantiator.java:53)
>
> I just want to know if this is a bug, or if I´m missing something, or if
> I´m going crazy!
> Thanks.
>
> Sid.

Howard M. Lewis Ship