Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com> on 2003/07/14 04:59:50 UTC

Re: basic question -- applying patch

"Will Glass-Husain" <wg...@forio.com> writes:

> Got a linux test machine on the desk next to me, but my dev environment is
> on my Win XP laptop.  Just what I'm used to, I guess.  And Windows works
> very smoothly with laptops.  Great thing about Java -- Doesn't matter what
> platform you use.  (almost).

Not an ideal solution for on-the-go, but you could SMB mount a network
share off of your 'doze box from your Linux box.  After sharing the
appropriate directory, put something like this in the /etc/fstab on
your Linux box:

//host/music  /mnt/smb/music  smbfs  password=xxx 0 0

The above assumes that you have SMB support compiled into your kernel,
a network share named "music", and have created a "/mnt/smb/music"
directory on your Linux box.  The above can also be accomplished
manually using the `mount` command, but the fstab approach keeps me
from having to think about things.
--

Daniel Rall