Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Aruna Goli <ar...@covigna.com> on 2003/08/05 02:07:12 UTC

How can we add users?

Hello

  I got slide to deploy on weblogic and when I start up the server and
go to the first page

http://localhost:7001/slide I am able to view a listing of the files but
I cannot perform any actions.

How do I add the users to the system, similar to tomcat-users.xml

Thanks
Aruna

This is what I get on my console

     [exec] 04 Aug 2003 16:53:07 - WARNING - WARNING: No active
transaction
     [exec] 04 Aug 2003 16:53:07 - org.apache.slide.common.Domain -
WARNING - Ac
cess denied on /users by user /users/guest for action /actions/read
     [exec] 04 Aug 2003 16:53:07 - org.apache.slide.common.Domain -
WARNING - Ac
cess denied on /actions by user /users/guest for action /actions/read
     [exec] 04 Aug 2003 16:53:07 - WARNING - WARNING: No active
transaction
     [exec] 04 Aug 2003 16:53:07 - org.apache.slide.webdav.WebdavServlet
- INFO
- GET = 200 OK (time: 110 ms) URI = /

RE: bad request exception for grant permission

Posted by Haiying Qiao <qi...@ait.nrl.navy.mil>.
Thanks! I found that I also have to grant /history to the user, otherwise
the user still can't upload a file. This may cause authorization problem. Is
there any way to get arround of this?

Regards,

Haiying Qiao

Posted by Ingo Brunberg <ib...@fiz-chemie.de>.

Posted by Ingo Brunberg <ib...@fiz-chemie.de>.

Re: How can we add users?

Posted by Julian <ce...@yahoo.com>.
Aruna,

If you are using the SlideRealm for authentication,
then you need to edit the Domain.xml.  Although I am
unsure if this runs in weblogic, but I would consult
your servlet container's spec on how the
authentication is done.  Any else know about this?  I
currently use a Tomcat Realm and it seems to work
fine.

As far as the syntax for Domain.xml try this:
http://jakarta.apache.org/slide/conf-lib.html

I am unsure if there are any tools in the web-based
admin interface to add users.

HTH,
Julian

--- Aruna Goli <ar...@covigna.com> wrote:
> Hello
>
>   I got slide to deploy on weblogic and when I start
> up the server and
> go to the first page
>
> http://localhost:7001/slide I am able to view a
> listing of the files but
> I cannot perform any actions.
>
> How do I add the users to the system, similar to
> tomcat-users.xml
>
> Thanks
> Aruna
>
> This is what I get on my console
>

>      [exec] 04 Aug 2003 16:53:07 - WARNING -
> WARNING: No active
> transaction
>      [exec] 04 Aug 2003 16:53:07 -
> org.apache.slide.common.Domain -
> WARNING - Ac
> cess denied on /users by user /users/guest for
> action /actions/read
>      [exec] 04 Aug 2003 16:53:07 -
> org.apache.slide.common.Domain -
> WARNING - Ac
> cess denied on /actions by user /users/guest for
> action /actions/read
>      [exec] 04 Aug 2003 16:53:07 - WARNING -
> WARNING: No active
> transaction
>      [exec] 04 Aug 2003 16:53:07 -
> org.apache.slide.webdav.WebdavServlet
> - INFO
> - GET = 200 OK (time: 110 ms) URI = /

> For additional commands, e-mail:
> slide-user-help@jakarta.apache.org

=====
Live simply so others may simply live.
�
-Ghandi
�
Pluralitas non est ponenda sine neccesitate.
"Entities should not be multiplied unneccesarily"
�
-William of Occam

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com

Re: How can we add users?