Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by el...@gmx.net on 2001/06/21 09:17:21 UTC

Servlet not in webapps directory

Hi ! It is possible to lauch a sevlet that is not in the TOMCAT_HOME
directory ?
Can I do that by configuring a Context for my servlet ? And how exactly ?

thanx

Re: Servlet not in webapps directory

Posted by Tim O'Neil <ti...@xythos.com>.
At 12:17 AM 6/21/2001, you wrote:
>Hi ! It is possible to lauch a sevlet that is not in the TOMCAT_HOME
>directory ?
>Can I do that by configuring a Context for my servlet ? And how exactly ?

You don't actually lauch (I guess you mean "launch") a
servlet. Every who has a notion about a servlet life
cycle should make sure its correct by reading

http://www.java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/servlets/lifecycle/index.html

I felt like mentioning it because I've seen so many
incorrect ideas about how servlets work and are run
on here its kinda funny.

-Tim