Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by rks_lucene <pp...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/07 16:53:25 UTC

Group.Facet issue in Sharded Solr Setup

Am facing an issue with counts when using group.facets in my sharded solr.
(Groups do not overlap across shards and for various reasons I cannot use
group.truncate)

Now, the problem being faced is that for items ranking lower in the faceted
list sorted by count, the group facet counts are coming *higher* than actual
values.

So on doing an online search I came across details of sharded faceting at
this link:

http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/At-a-high-level-how-does-faceting-in-SolrCloud-work-td4009897.html

>From the above link it appears there is a *third corrective step* wherein
the coordinator node after getting individual results and building a final
list, asks each shard to compute it's exact count for selected constraints.

I wanted to ask if the Group.facet implementation in 4.x has been factored
in this step and that the coordinator node is asking for grouped facet
values instead of ungrouped facet counts during the corrective step ?

Asking this because, counts are coming right for the 50% of the popular
items but are incorrect (and always higher) for lesser items.

Also has anyone else faced this ?

Ritesh

Re: Group.Facet issue in Sharded Solr Setup

Posted by rks_lucene <pp...@gmail.com>.
Quick follow up on my question below and if anyone is using Group.facets in a
sharded solr setup ?

Based on further testing, the group.facets counts dont seem reliable at all
for lesser popular items in the facet list.