Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Jojy Varghese <Jo...@symantec.com> on 2007/05/09 23:28:50 UTC

Test Suite

Hi
    We are currently exploring different strategies for testing an HTTP
server for different scenarios around HTTP protocol compliance and load
conditions. I was wondering if apache has a test suite for testing its
http server. Any help is much appreciated.

thanks
JV

Re: Test Suite

Posted by Justin Erenkrantz <ju...@erenkrantz.com>.
On 5/9/07, Jojy Varghese <Jo...@symantec.com> wrote:
>     We are currently exploring different strategies for testing an HTTP
> server for different scenarios around HTTP protocol compliance and load
> conditions. I was wondering if apache has a test suite for testing its http
> server. Any help is much appreciated.

We have a couple of tools that are listed on http://httpd.apache.org/test/

Most notably, we have a Perl-based regression suite that is more or
less maintained to give us a good baseline as to whether a release is
a dud or not.  And, we have flood for profile-based load tests.  --
justin