Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ra...@ffic.com on 2002/10/26 00:30:25 UTC

WSAD 4.0.3 - ApplicationResources not found

I imported the struts-example.war 1.1b2 file straight into WSAD 4.0.3 but I
get the following message. It can't find the ApplicationResources file. If
I take out all <bean:write> tags, the sample app works fine. I've tried
moving the properties files into several folders but the app still couldn't
find it. Has anyone encountered this problem before? Any suggestions?
Thanks.

[10/25/02 15:25:31:965 PDT] 5a746155 WebGroup      X Servlet Error: Missing
message for key index.title: javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Missing
message for key index.title
     at
org.apache.struts.taglib.bean.MessageTag.doStartTag(MessageTag.java:298)
     at _index_jsp_0._jspService(index.jsp        :6)
     at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:142)
     at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(JspServlet.java:300)
     at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:430)
     at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:565)
     at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.StrictServletInstance.doService(ServletManager.java:827)
     at com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.StrictLifecycleServlet.
_service(StrictLifecycleServlet.java:167)
     at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.IdleServletState.service(StrictLifecycleServlet.java:297)
     at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.StrictLifecycleServlet.service(StrictLifecycleServlet.java:110)
     at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.ServletInstance.service(ServletManager.java:472)
     at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.ValidServletReferenceState.dispatch(ServletManager.java:1012)
     at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.ServletInstanceReference.dispatch(ServletManager.java:913)
     at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.WebAppRequestDispatcher.handleWebAppDispatch(WebAppRequestDispatcher.java:523)
     at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.WebAppRequestDispatcher.dispatch(WebAppRequestDispatcher.java:282)
     at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.WebAppRequestDispatcher.forward(WebAppRequestDispatcher.java:112)
     at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.srt.WebAppInvoker.doForward(WebAppInvoker.java:91)
     at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.srt.WebAppInvoker.handleInvocationHook(WebAppInvoker.java:184)
     at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.invocation.CachedInvocation.handleInvocation(CachedInvocation.java:67)
     at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.srp.ServletRequestProcessor.dispatchByURI(ServletRequestProcessor.java:122)
     at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.oselistener.OSEListenerDispatcher.service(OSEListener.java:315)
     at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.http11.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:60)
     at
com.ibm.ws.http.HttpConnection.readAndHandleRequest(HttpConnection.java:323)
     at com.ibm.ws.http.HttpConnection.run(HttpConnection.java:252)
     at com.ibm.ws.util.CachedThread.run(ThreadPool.java:122)

Please Note:
The information in this E-mail message, and any files transmitted
with it, is confidential and may be legally privileged.  It is
intended only for the use of the individual(s) named above.  If you
are the intended recipient, be aware that your use of any confidential
or personal information may be restricted by state and federal
privacy laws.  If you, the reader of this message, are not the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you should not
further disseminate, distribute, or forward this E-mail message.
If you have received this E-mail in error, please notify the sender
and delete the material from any computer.  Thank you.

JRUN4 and Strut 1.1 beta using subapp

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@hotmail.com>.
Hi, is there any one succesfully develop web app using struts 1.1 beta on
Jrun4?

I successfully deploy my app specificially using struts 1.1 beta subapp on
tomcat 4.03.
When I deploy my app on jrun4, Jrun works fine on the first page of my app,
but when
I try refresh  the page, JRun 4 throws exception like this:

10/26 08:45:12 error Unhandled exception thrown from
/wipmodifier/query.jsp:21
[1]javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Cannot find message resources under key
org.a
pache.struts.action.MESSAGE
        at
org.apache.struts.util.RequestUtils.message(RequestUtils.java:828)
        at
org.apache.struts.taglib.bean.MessageTag.doStartTag(MessageTag.java:2
92)

What it means is JRun could not find my messessage resource which works fine
when

I had to move my subapp to default app, and things work fine

Any advice?

-Dan