Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Trevor Strohman <st...@cs.umass.edu> on 2009/01/26 08:27:09 UTC

Overriding inheritance from parent POM?

I have a multi-module project with some assembly descriptors in the parent POM:
   http://code.google.com/p/galagosearch/source/browse/tags/galagosearch-1.0/pom.xml

They're currently commented out, because when I type 'mvn install' in
the parent's path, it tries to make .tar.gz files for all the child
modules with these same assembly descriptors.  That fails, of course,
because the relative paths are all wrong.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Re: Overriding inheritance from parent POM?

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> They're currently commented out, because when I type 'mvn install' in
> the parent's path, it tries to make .tar.gz files for all the child
> modules with these same assembly descriptors.  That fails, of course,
> because the relative paths are all wrong.

Adding this to the parent plugin configuration should do it:
<inherited>false</inherited>

Wayne