Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Morten Olsen <mo...@unwire.dk> on 2005/04/12 14:22:46 UTC

Axis 1.1 and 1.2 differences when passing arrays in Object?

Hi all,

I've created a web service using Axis 1.1 and the generation tools. Since
some of the classes I use are not easily serializable, I created classes
especially for passing data between the client and server. I'm having
problems with one of these when trying to use Axis 1.2. The class is
sketched below:

public class SerializableAttribute {

    private java.lang.String name;
    private java.lang.String type;
    private java.lang.Object value;

    // Code for getters and setters left out
    // Serialization code generated by tools left out.
}

I use the value field for simple types, arrays of ints, and arrays of
Strings. This used to work in Axis 1.1. When using Axis 1.2 and the
generation tools in 1.2, I get an error when trying to cast the value field
to an array (when its type should be array).

Is anyone aware of this change between 1.1 and 1.2? Is there a fix or
work-around?

Kind regards,
Morten