Posted to xmlrpc-dev@ws.apache.org by Oded Arbel <od...@m-wise.com> on 2004/10/20 18:51:56 UTC

Problem in XML-RPC client

Hi list.

I encountered a problem with the XML-RPC java client. When calling a URL
that does not return a valid XML-RPC response (HTML in my case - but I
guess that anything that doesn't explicitly break the SAX parser will
also exhibit this) , the client silently ignores this and does not
throw an XML-RPC exception, but instead return "null" as the return
value from execute().

I don't think that this behavior is proper (it's definitely not well
defined), but lacking practice with SAX, I don't see an easy way to
solve this.

I'm using version 1.2b1

--
Oded Arbel
m-Wise mobile solutions

+972-9-9611212 (204)
+972-54-7340014

::..
Manual, n.:
	A unit of documentation.  There are always three or more on a given
item.  One is on the shelf; someone has the others.  The information
you need is in the others.
                -- Ray Simard