Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Michael Conrad <mi...@newsrx.com> on 2020/10/19 20:43:20 UTC

s3 or other cloud hosted storage options?

Hi all,

Hopefully someone can provide insight.

We are looking to see if there are any viable options for S3 or similar
for index/data storage.

Preferably (if possible) shared between nodes for dynamic scalability needs.

-Mike/NewsRx

Re: s3 or other cloud hosted storage options?

Posted by Edward Ribeiro <ed...@gmail.com>.
Not yet. People at Salesforce are working on shared blob storage for Solr,
but afaik they are redesigning the approach taken, that is, still under
active development and not production ready. See the talks below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fE5KvOfb6A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeTFpNeJ1Fo&t=19s

Best,
Edward