Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Mike Hegadorn <mi...@earthlink.net> on 2003/04/23 02:51:40 UTC

[users@httpd] sbox question: everyone belongs to group 'nobody'?

Hello everyone,

I'm having trouble with sbox. It seems to be changing uid/gid correctly (according to the sbox.log file). But, after a test I set up to check it, it acts like the normal user belongs to the nobody group (the apache webserver group), because a file (test.txt) owned by mike and nobody and chmoded to 640 is readable fine by sbox (print `cat text.txt`;), when executed with user tommy and group test! (In which case it shouldn't be readable).

Now if I change the owership of the test.txt file to mike.root, it can't read it anymore. Also, the user tommy can't read test.txt from the shell (when owned by mike and nobody).

So, like I said, it acts like all users belong to the group nobody for some reason, but they don't. Could someone possibly explain this?

Thanks in advance,
-Mike