Posted to user@jspwiki.apache.org by Weijian Fang <wf...@ecs.soton.ac.uk> on 2008/06/30 15:34:46 UTC

How to rename group

Hi,

There is a permission called "Rename all groups". But I can not find
out how to rename a group. It seems I can only rename a group by
deleting it and creating a new one in EditGroup.jsp. Is there a button
for renaming group? Many thanks!

Cheers,

Weijian

Re: How to rename group

Posted by Janne Jalkanen <Ja...@ecyrd.com>.

> That depends when we'll release 2.8.
> Anyway, I don't think this is blocking, as both jsp's are working
> properly.
> Actually, I need to find some time to simplify the current user-
> pref group gui.

If it's not blocking, then no worries.  It can be a part of 2.8.1.

>> BTW, is your todo-list public somewhere?
>>
> I'll compile a clean list, and share it on this forum. So we could
> vote some prio's.

It might be a good idea if you could put them in the JIRA - that way
we can track what is happening, and things won't get forgotten.  I
was planning to use the JIRA as a task-list for the 3.0 transition as
well.

/Janne

Re: How to rename group

Posted by Dirk Frederickx <di...@gmail.com>.
>> As far as I know, rename-group is currently not covered in any gui.  I
>> didn't know it was possible ;-)
>>

>> The 2 ways of editing a group membership is a left over of the
>> template upgrade in v2.4.x. The clean-up is still on my list of things
>> to do..
>
> Are you planning to do this for 2.8 still?
That depends when we'll release 2.8.
Anyway, I don't think this is blocking, as both jsp's are working properly.
Actually, I need to find some time to simplify the current user-pref group gui.

> BTW, is your todo-list public somewhere?

I'll compile a clean list, and share it on this forum. So we could
vote some prio's.

dirk

Re: How to rename group

Posted by Janne Jalkanen <Ja...@ecyrd.com>.

Re: How to rename group

Posted by Dirk Frederickx <di...@gmail.com>.
Janne,  Mr. Fang,

As far as I know, rename-group is currently not covered in any gui.  I
didn't know it was possible ;-)

The 2 ways of editing a group membership is a left over of the
template upgrade in v2.4.x. The clean-up is still on my list of things
to do..

dirk

Re: How to rename group

Posted by Dirk Frederickx <di...@gmail.com>.
Make sure you are logged in.
Go to user-pref and select the group tab.

dirk

Re: How to rename group

Posted by Weijian Fang <wf...@ecs.soton.ac.uk>.

Re: How to rename group