Posted to users@maven.apache.org by ne...@indiatimes.com on 2009/10/28 06:22:57 UTC

Adding jars in ear to the war manifest file

Hi All,

	MainFolder
	   |-----pom.xml
              (All dependecies are scope-provided)

	       Earfolder
		  |------pom.xml
                (Scope is not provided and so
                gets added in the ear folder)
		     War1
		       |-----pom.xml  ( manifest
                          - addClasspath is true)

                     War2
   	 	       |-----pom.xml  ( manifest
                          - addClasspath is true)
		      War3
		        |-----pom.xml  ( manifest
                           - addClasspath is true)

My requirement is that the jars present in the ear folder should be available in the classpath and so the entries have to be in all the wars manifest file. I dont want to have jars duplicated in all the wars-WEB/lib.

Currently its not making any entries in the mainfest file - its empty

Regards

--
Click for exclusive coverage on the New Bajaj Pulsar 220 the fastest Indian bike
http://www.zigwheels.com/Features/Bajaj-Pulsar-220-DTSi-Special-Coverage/Pulsar_20090623-1-1

Re: Adding jars in ear to the war manifest file

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
This is the skinny war problem.

See:

   -
   http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-war-plugin/examples/skinny-wars.html
   -
   http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVENUSER/Solving+the+Skinny+Wars+problem

Yes, these are ugly solutions.

No, nobody has got a better solution yet

Oh, if you do find a better solution, please add it to the wiki

-Stephen