Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Terence Ingram <te...@socialchange.net.au> on 2003/06/17 03:25:58 UTC

Appenders filtering for each file

Our current issue is that we want to have log4j for each class. Simple!
Done! And everyone knows how to do that. However we want to individually
select at runtime which classes produce output either to CONSOLE or to FILE.
So assume I set debug level to my entire codebase, however the only output I
want to see is from class X, class A and class Q, but I have many other
classes with debug messages in them.

Has anyone tackled this problem? Or have any ideas on how to solve this.

Our current plan is to write our own appender that filters the messages
based on some configuration and then checks to see if class A is allowed to
produce a message, if so then call the appropriate appender otherwise
discard it.

Terence