Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by hc...@ville.montreal.qc.ca on 2002/09/06 17:26:18 UTC

TOMCAT DIE ???

Hi,
We are running TOMCAT with Win 2000 is is our configuration :

 service pack of  windows 2000 server version   5.0.2195       :    pack 2
build 2195
 Tomcat 4.0.1 version 1.1.2.13

The problem is TOMCAT dies !
This is like that from the begining of our development from feb. 2002. The
"crashes are random and not frequent in test environment. Production has
started in september and we have crashes every day.
Our application runs with Computers Associates JASMINE/OPAL products.

Here is a file "hs_err_pidxxxx.log" under the /BIN directory

with the abend info :

An unexpected exception has been detected in native code outside the VM.

Unexpected Signal : EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION occurred at PC=0x77fcb892

Function name=RtlFreeHeap
Library=C:\WINNT\System32\ntdll.dll

Current Java thread:
 at wv.ObjectImpl.nativeInvokeMethod(Native Method)
 at wv.ObjectImpl.invokeMethod(ObjectImpl.java:146)
 at
com.ca.sessionBeans.CAOasisSession.getCurrentPage(CAOasisSession.java:788)

 at
com.ca.sessionBeans.CAOasisSession.getNextPage(CAOasisSession.java:805)
 at
com.ca.sessionBeans.CAOasisSession.logoutFinalPhase(CAOasisSession.java:697)

 at
com.ca.sessionBeans.CAOasisSession.getNextPage(CAOasisSession.java:816)

Please help !!

Hervé

Re: TOMCAT DIE ???

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.
Not a tomcat error:
You have custom code calling native libraries and the native libraries
are causing your woes.

Look at the stack trace in your message to back trace the Native code
that is being called.