Posted to dev@geode.apache.org by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org> on 2015/05/27 02:59:31 UTC

Geode's PMC == committers

Hi!

a question came up in a side conversation
on whether Geode's PMC == committers.

My default bias for all poddlings is to assume
that PMC == committers. However, I just wanted
to raise this point explicitly so that we're all clear.

Chime in if you have a different view. Keep in mind
that there's not much of a difference between the
two for a poddling. That said, part of the Incubation
experience is to run as closely as possible to
a "PMC on training wheels". Thus having at least a
concept of a PMC could be useful from the get go.

At the moment, though, the only perk that PMC
member would get is being subscribed to
   private@geode.incubator.apache.org

Thanks,
Roman.

Re: Geode's PMC == committers

Posted by Justin Erenkrantz <ju...@erenkrantz.com>.
On Tue, May 26, 2015 at 8:59 PM, Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org> wrote:
> a question came up in a side conversation
> on whether Geode's PMC == committers.
>
> My default bias for all poddlings is to assume
> that PMC == committers. However, I just wanted
> to raise this point explicitly so that we're all clear.

+1.  -- justin

Re: Geode's PMC == committers

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
Yup!