Posted to docs@cocoon.apache.org by Tony Collen <tc...@hist.umn.edu> on 2002/10/09 23:29:21 UTC

[ Good Stuff ] Build targets explained

Check out the thread entitled "local site setup" over on cocoon-users. I
noticed the tip about build clean-webapp, and I decided that all the
build options need to be better documented.  I  started
http://outerthought.net/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=AboutTheBuildTargets over on
the Wiki, and hopefully we can use this to explain some of the build
options a little better in-depth.  I always get confused as to the
options I need to pass to build in order to have scratchpad (with or w/o
libs), building a minimal cocoon, etc.

Re: [ Good Stuff ] Build targets explained

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.

Diana Shannon wrote:

> On Wednesday, October 9, 2002, at 05:29  PM, Tony Collen wrote:
>
> Thanks for your contribution, Tony,
>
>>  I  started
>> http://outerthought.net/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=AboutTheBuildTargets over
>> on the Wiki, and hopefully we can use this to explain some of the
>> build options a little better in-depth.

There is a section of the docs that has all the relevant build targets,
could you patch that?

> Have you thought about how long docs should incubate in Wiki before we
> migrate them to the cvs? For example, should there be some kind of
> voting system to determine when docs are "ready" to move? Any ideas on
> this?

I think it's all up to the committers, with a little coordination
eventually with the author.
No vote is needed IMHO, but lazy consensus is used.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -

Re: [ Good Stuff ] Build targets explained

Posted by Diana Shannon <sh...@apache.org>.
On Wednesday, October 9, 2002, at 05:29  PM, Tony Collen wrote:

Thanks for your contribution, Tony,

>  I  started
> http://outerthought.net/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=AboutTheBuildTargets over on
> the Wiki, and hopefully we can use this to explain some of the build
> options a little better in-depth.

Have you thought about how long docs should incubate in Wiki before we
migrate them to the cvs? For example, should there be some kind of
voting system to determine when docs are "ready" to move? Any ideas on
this?

Thanks.

Diana