Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Paul Adriaenssens <pa...@telenet.be> on 2009/10/29 11:29:30 UTC

cocoon 2.1 as WSRP producer?

Hi,

We have already read the documentation, but it only speaks about consuming WSRP portlets.
We want to integrate our Cocoon application with Liferay, and therefore Coccoon 2.1.11 needs to be WSRP-enabled as producer.
Does anybody know if this is possible?

Thanks,

Best regards,

Paul Adriaenssens

Re: cocoon 2.1 as WSRP producer?

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.
The correct way to propose some code is to create a Jira issue and add
a patch. Then ping this list periodically. Although there isn't a lot
of activity going on there are still a lot of committers here who will
be happy to apply a patch.

Ralph

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <fr...@everett.it>.

--

francesco.chicchiricco@everett.it <ma...@everett.it>

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Paul Adriaenssens wrote:
> We would like to expose parts of our cocoon 2.1.11 application as
> portlets and consume them in a LifeRay portal application.
> The cocoon application is deployed in a JOnAS (+Tomcat) J2EE server,
> while the LifeRay environment runs on a different host in the same LAN.
> Is this realistic, what would be possible, what not?

Can't really help you that much - but I think somewhere in the Cocoon
docs (maybe on the wiki) is a doc describing how to run Cocoon as a
portlet (JSR 168)

If you want to use WSRP you maybe could try to use the wsrp proxy stuff
from the wsrp4j project. I've never done this, so I have no clue if this
is possible, but it might be a solution.

Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org