Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by "Musayev, Ilya" <im...@webmd.net> on 2013/08/01 00:46:54 UTC

RE: [DISCUSS] Should we be releasing -beta releases?

Daan,

Why can't the patch be committed to master?

The reason why CloudSand was created, was to bring in urgently needed features into stable version, such that on the next major upgrade to ACS, all features work as expected and nothing should break.

Example, if I have a feature in CloudSand 4.1 that was backported from  ACS 4.2, when end user upgrades to stable release of ACS4.2 - it should all function as expected.

So backward compatibility is one of the main focuses for CloudSand release.

What features are we talking about?

Regards
ilya

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.
:} it is due to master moving faster then me being all over the code.
I have ported it once again to master and am busy testing again. but
we need it and have just moved to 4.1.1. I agree with you Alex. So we
will not release our fork just the patch via the earliest main
release. (I could publish a 4.1.1 patch however)

Posted by Alex Huang <Al...@citrix.com>.
+1

Posted by "Musayev, Ilya" <im...@webmd.net>.
Daan and Hugo,