Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net> on 2006/12/11 18:42:22 UTC

WARNING ... delete & rename of Jetty items in trunk

In a short while (probably in about 3 hours or so), I plan to delete the
  and rename several Jetty items in Geronimo.  This is because we are no
longer supporting the j2ee assembly in trunk which IIUC is now devoted
to JavaEE5.  There are also a few loose ends for the Jetty JavaEE5
assembly that need to be finished off and this will make it easier.
Here's what I plan to do (if there are no objections):

Delete:
- geronimo/server/trunk/modules/geronimo-jetty/*
- geronimo/server/trunk/modules/geronimo-jetty-builder/*
- geronimo/server/trunk/modules/geronimo-jetty-clustering-wadi/*
- geronimo/server/trunk/configs/jetty/*
- geronimo/server/trunk/configs/jetty-clustering-builder-wadi/*
- geronimo/server/trunk/configs/jetty-clustering-wadi/*
- geronimo/server/trunk/configs/jetty-deployer/*
- geronimo/server/trunk/configs/dojo-jetty/*
- geronimo/server/trunk/configs/uddi-jetty/*
- geronimo/server/trunk/configs/webconsole-jetty/*
- geronimo/server/trunk/configs/jetty/*
- geronimo/server/trunk/assemblies/geronimo-jetty-j2ee/*

Rework/rename/etc... as necessary for Jetty6
- geronimo/server/trunk/configs/welcome-jetty/*
- geronimo/server/trunk/configs/remote-deploy-jetty/*
- geronimo/server/trunk/configs/ca-helper-jetty/
- geronimo/server/trunk/assemblies/geronimo-jetty-minimal/*

There will still be some more potential cleanup:
- Removing the geronimo-boilderplate-j2ee and including content in
geronimo-boilerplate-jee5?  We could keep the j2ee one around but I'm
not sure there is much value.  thoughts?

Thanks,
Joe

Re: WARNING ... delete & rename of Jetty items in trunk

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
Fine with me, thanks for cleaning this up!

thanks
david jencks

Posted by Paul McMahan <pa...@gmail.com>.
Do we need to include the jetty version number in the configs that
support the applications/* artifacts? My take away from the tomcat v6
conversation was that the version number was for the artifacts that
incorporate the third party component plus their configs and
assemblies.  But I realize that point of view is affected by a bias
against including the version number at all :-)

Best wishes,
Paul

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.
Aight, no worries... still the same problem.  Would have recommended
that 1.2 get released before any significant changes here made.

Still possible to SVK merge 1.2 into trunk, just its going to be much
more manual now.

--jason

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net>.

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.