Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Doug Groves <gr...@valis.net> on 2003/02/27 20:15:26 UTC

[users@httpd] name based virtual hosts

I know this is kinda OT, but I need help in setting up a
name based virtual host.

Right now I'm running Apache 1.3.27 on FreeBSD, and I've
got two domains running with separate IPs.  I want to add
a couple more fully qualified domains on the second IP,
since I can't spare any more IPs, and have been having a
heck of a time trying to get my DNS set up correctly.

I've scoured the docs and googled for virtual DNS setups,
but can't seem to get a straight answer.

If anyone has some links I might have missed, I'd greatly
appreciate it, or even a mailing list dedicated to such
things...

Re: [users@httpd] name based virtual hosts

Posted by Nikunj Virani <ni...@netsurf.co.in>.
Depends do u maintain your own DNS Servers. If yes which DNS Servers do u
use ?

As far as apache part is concerned you will also require
NameVirtualHost directive for all the IP's serving Name Based VirtualHosts.

Regards,
Nikunj Virani

RE: [users@httpd] name based virtual hosts

Posted by Doug Groves <gr...@valis.net>.
That's basically what I want to do, but my main question is
regarding how to set up DNS for this.  I know it's kinda OT,
but I haven't been able to find any good examples and my
bungling through it hasn't worked yet...

I'm more of an animator than an administrator anyways, but
"ya gotta do what ya gotta do."  :)

Posted by Jonathan Laberge <jl...@redboxstudios.com>.
It shouldn't be a problem.