Posted to users@maven.apache.org by ni...@bt.com on 2003/10/31 12:24:49 UTC

CVS executable invocation error

I'm just starting out with Maven, and I'm particularly interested in the
documentation generation aspect of it. However, I'm having problems
getting the Changelog task to run, because the SCM/CVS access task is
not functioning as I would expect. I'm getting the error:

SCM Working Directory: C:\projects\aProject\WEB-INF
SCM Command Line[0]: cvs
SCM Command Line[1]: -d
SCM Command Line[2]: :sspi:cvsserver.foo.co.uk:F:\CVSRepository
SCM Command Line[3]: log
Unable to find cvs executable. Changelog will be empty

The FAQ mentions this problem, but says that trying to run the shown
command from the command line should show what is wrong. However, when I
run that command from the command line, i.e. "cvs -d
:sspi:cvsserver.foo.co.uk:F:\CVSRepository log", it seems to work fine.
Also, I discovered that if I place the cvs executable in the working
directory, that works. This /suggests/ to me that the invocation is
prepending the working directory to the invocation, which is not quite
what I'm after...

Anyone know how to fix this behaviour, either by being able to fully
specify the cvs executable, or fixing it in some other way?

I'm using maven-1.0-rc1 on Win2K.

Thanks in advance,

Nick Giles

---

Nick Giles

British Telecommunications plc
Registered office: 81 Newgate Street London EC1A 7AJ
Registered in England no. 1800000

This electronic message contains information from British
Telecommunications plc which may be privileged and confidential. The
information is intended to be for the use of the individual(s) or entity
named above. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any
disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this
information is prohibited. If you have received this electronic message
in error, please notify us by telephone or email (to the number or
address above) immediately.

Activity and use of the British Telecommunications plc email system is
monitored to secure its effective operation and for other lawful
business purposes. Communications using this system will also be
monitored and may be recorded to secure effective operation and for
other lawful business purposes.