Posted to fortress@directory.apache.org by Chris Pike <cl...@psu.edu> on 2016/11/28 14:22:44 UTC

Re: Groups ftProps

That worked! I think the property manager is ready to merge in...

https://github.com/PennState/directory-fortress-core-1/tree/feature/fc197ManageProperties

Posted by Shawn McKinney <sm...@apache.org>.
> On Nov 28, 2016, at 3:14 PM, Chris Pike <cl...@psu.edu> wrote:
>
> You need to pull the latest... but I went ahead and merged into master and pushed

Just now have verified the latest is good with your changes.  Tests pass, artifacts look good.  More to come as we work these into the rest and web components.

thx,
Shawn

Re: Groups ftProps

Posted by Chris Pike <cl...@psu.edu>.
You need to pull the latest... but I went ahead and merged into master and pushed

Posted by Shawn McKinney <sm...@apache.org>.

Re: Groups ftProps

Posted by Chris Pike <cl...@psu.edu>.

Posted by Shawn McKinney <sm...@apache.org>.

Re: Groups ftProps

Posted by Shawn McKinney <sm...@apache.org>.
Looks good Chris.  Before you merge please ensure the java project coding guidelines have been met, e.g. block formatting like this:

name/op
{
 …
}

not:
op{
}

I see you have this for some but not all.  I realize this coding convention is not satisfactory for all but we’d like to be consistent across the project (above all).

Similarly, please ensure all of the public methods have been javadoced.  (again I think you have some if not all of them done)

and a few small probs need attn:

1. one of the xml load files have been changed to use improper attribute names, should be:
 <group name="test-group-1" propertieswithcsv=“..." memberswithcsv=“…” />

not:
 <group name="test-group-1" properties=“..." members=“…” />

2. ensure the schema for the slapd are updated with ftProps on config group OC.  For some reason when I checked out branch, your updated fortress.schema wasn’t correct, although I saw it was changed through the github web interface.  Strange, maybe something I did wrong?

3. the schema for apacheds needs same change.  Let me know if you need help with this.

Other than these minor nits the code looks nice, kudos!  Especially the new tests that have been added, makes me very happy.  :-)

Thanks,
Shawn