Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Sunitha Kambhampati <ks...@gmail.com> on 2006/10/24 21:42:38 UTC

Re: Location for performance tests.

Andrew McIntyre wrote:

> On 10/20/06, Sunitha Kambhampati <ks...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Option 2:
>> derbyTesting/perf
>
> +1

Thanks Andrew for your comments.

> Maybe JDBCPerfTestCase and the other classes in
> functionTests/tests/perf should move to derbyTesting/perf?

I think the JDBCPerfTestCase will remain in derbyTesting/junit and this
seems ok (to me),
as it  fits  into and makes use of the junit framework that we have.  If
you think otherwise, please let me know.

Yes. The two tests in functionTests/tests/perf will be moved to
derbyTesting/perf/basic.  I plan to move them as part of DERBY-1970.
These two tests will need to be converted to use the perf junit
framework (ie use JDBCPerfTestCase).

> If there
> were tests appropriate for functionTests, then they could be wrapped
> in a functionTests/suites/PerformanceTests class and then that added
> to functionTests' All.

Good point. Yes, we can do that.

Thanks again,
Sunitha.