Posted to bcel-user@jakarta.apache.org by Zachary Palmer <ze...@bahj.com> on 2010/01/22 22:18:58 UTC

Re: SyntheticRepository

After examining the BCEL source code (which was, at least for
SyntheticRepository and ClassPath, a pretty nice experience) I have
discovered that the SyntheticRepository implementation uses
ClassPath.getInputStream(...) to obtain the binary.
ClassPath.getInputStream(...) does not check the provided paths first;
it checks the current system classloader.

Fortunately, ClassPath.getClassFile(...) errors out if the class is not
in the explicitly-specified classpath entries.  This means I should be
able to write my own Repository implementation to get things working for
my specific project.  I just wanted to leave this explanation for anyone
who might stumble into it in the archives.  :)

Cheers, and thanks again for the impressive library!

- Zachary Palmer