Posted to user@drill.apache.org by John Omernik <jo...@omernik.com> on 2015/10/08 16:35:06 UTC

Parquet #Files and closing accountor error

I am trying to complete a test case on some data. I took a schema and used
log-synth (thanks Ted) to create fairly wide table.  (89 columns).  I then
outputted my data as csv files, and created a drill view, so far so good.

One of the columns is a "date" column, (YYYY-MM-DD) format and has 1216
unique values. To me this would be like a 4 ish years of daily partitioned
data in hive, so tried to created my data partiioning on that field.

If I create a Parquet table based on that, eventually things hork on me and
I get the error below.  If I don't use the PARTITION BY clause, it creates
the table just fine with 30 files.

Looking in the folder it was supposed to create the PARTITIONED table, it
has over 20K files in there.  Is this expected? Would we expect #Partitions
* #Fragment files? Could this be what the error is trying to tell me?   I
guess I am just lost on what the error means, and what I should/could
expect on something like this.  Is this a bug or expected?

Error:

java.lang.RuntimeException: java.sql.SQLException: SYSTEM ERROR:
IllegalStateException: Failure while closing accountor.  Expected private
and shared pools to be set to initial values.  However, one or more were
not.  Stats are

zone init allocated delta

private 1000000 1000000 0

shared 9999000000 9997806954 1193046.

Fragment 1:25

[Error Id: cad06490-f93e-4744-a9ec-d27cd06bc0a1 on
hadoopmapr1.mydata.com:31010]

at sqlline.IncrementalRows.hasNext(IncrementalRows.java:73)

at
sqlline.TableOutputFormat$ResizingRowsProvider.next(TableOutputFormat.java:87)

at sqlline.TableOutputFormat.print(TableOutputFormat.java:118)

at sqlline.SqlLine.print(SqlLine.java:1583)

at sqlline.Commands.execute(Commands.java:852)

at sqlline.Commands.sql(Commands.java:751)

at sqlline.SqlLine.dispatch(SqlLine.java:738)

at sqlline.SqlLine.begin(SqlLine.java:612)

at sqlline.SqlLine.start(SqlLine.java:366)

at sqlline.SqlLine.main(SqlLine.java:259)

Re: Parquet #Files and closing accountor error

Posted by Abdel Hakim Deneche <ad...@maprtech.com>.
the MapR version of Drill 1.2 has been released. I just checked and the
packages are now available.

Abdelhakim Deneche

Software Engineer

  <http://www.mapr.com/>

Re: Parquet #Files and closing accountor error

Posted by John Omernik <jo...@omernik.com>.
Thanks Steven. That's really handy to know.

When it comes to "partitioning" files with Parquet, are there any sort of
limits that we should be aware of?  I.e. how many levels, vs unique
values?  If I have 3 levels each with 1500 uniq values, even with the
hash_distribute is that going to break things, will it just make my "create
table" slow, but subsequent queries will be fast?  This one of those topics
that's difficult for people to wrap their heads around, and it would be
interesting to know if there are some "guidelines" to follow for best
performance... or am I just thinking about this from a "hive" like
standpoint that needs to go away?  (I.e. in hive, too many partitions can
be a very bad thing)

John

Posted by Steven Phillips <st...@dremio.com>.

Posted by John Omernik <jo...@omernik.com>.

Posted by John Omernik <jo...@omernik.com>.

Posted by Paul Ilechko <pi...@maprtech.com>.
Yes, Drill 1.2 is available at package.mapr.com as of yesterday

On Thu, Oct 8, 2015 at 11:48 AM, John Omernik <jo...@omernik.com> wrote:

> MapR have a package yet? :) When I compiled Drill with the MapR Profile
> myself, I couldn't get MapR Tables working, so I reverted back to Drill 1.1
> as packaged by MapR.
>

> On Thu, Oct 8, 2015 at 10:42 AM, Abdel Hakim Deneche <
> adeneche@maprtech.com>
> wrote:
>
> > We fixed a similar issue as part of Drill 1.2. Can you give it a try to
> see
> > if your problem is effectively resolved ?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > On Thu, Oct 8, 2015 at 8:33 AM, John Omernik <jo...@omernik.com> wrote:
> >
> > > I am on the MapR Packaged version of 1.1.  Do you still need the
> > > sys.version?
> > >
> > > On Thu, Oct 8, 2015 at 10:13 AM, Abdel Hakim Deneche <
> > > adeneche@maprtech.com>

> that
> > > fragment's

> and
> columns).  I
> > > good.

> > 1216
> field.

> on
> > me

> > table,
> > > it
> me?
> should/could

> > > private
> > > were

> sqlline.TableOutputFormat$ResizingRowsProvider.next(TableOutputFormat.java:87)

> > --
> >
> > Abdelhakim Deneche
> >
> > Software Engineer
> >
> >   <http://www.mapr.com/>
> >

> > Now Available - Free Hadoop On-Demand Training
> > <

----------------------------------
Paul Ilechko
Senior Systems Engineer
MapR Technologies
908 331 2207

Re: Parquet #Files and closing accountor error

Posted by John Omernik <jo...@omernik.com>.

Posted by Abdel Hakim Deneche <ad...@maprtech.com>.
> [...]

> > > Fragment 1:25
> > >

> > > [Error Id: cad06490-f93e-4744-a9ec-d27cd06bc0a1 on
> > > hadoopmapr1.mydata.com:31010]
> > >
> > > at sqlline.IncrementalRows.hasNext(IncrementalRows.java:73)
> > >
> > > at
> > >

> sqlline.TableOutputFormat$ResizingRowsProvider.next(TableOutputFormat.java:87)
> > >
> > > at sqlline.TableOutputFormat.print(TableOutputFormat.java:118)
> > >
> > > at sqlline.SqlLine.print(SqlLine.java:1583)
> > >
> > > at sqlline.Commands.execute(Commands.java:852)
> > >
> > > at sqlline.Commands.sql(Commands.java:751)
> > >
> > > at sqlline.SqlLine.dispatch(SqlLine.java:738)
> > >
> > > at sqlline.SqlLine.begin(SqlLine.java:612)
> > >
> > > at sqlline.SqlLine.start(SqlLine.java:366)
> > >
> > > at sqlline.SqlLine.main(SqlLine.java:259)
> > >

> > --
> >
> > Abdelhakim Deneche
> >
> > Software Engineer
> >
> >   <http://www.mapr.com/>
> >

> > Now Available - Free Hadoop On-Demand Training

Abdelhakim Deneche

Software Engineer

  <http://www.mapr.com/>

Re: Parquet #Files and closing accountor error

Posted by John Omernik <jo...@omernik.com>.

Posted by Abdel Hakim Deneche <ad...@maprtech.com>.
Hey John,