Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Random Junk <js...@gamespot.com> on 1997/11/27 00:23:34 UTC

problems with expire, related to netscape bug?

i'm running apache 1.2.4 with modperl 1.05 and when i put
"ExpiresActive On" in my configuration, the server goes haywire,
allocating all available memory.  with the exact same binary, if i
comment out the expiresactive, it works fine.  i know about the
netscape bug w/r/t expires & animated GIFs but that seems like it
would just put additional load on the server, not cause it to freak
out.

--
    Jon Drukman       jsd@gamespot.com      SpotMedia Communications
This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence.

Re: problems with expire, related to netscape bug?

Posted by Dean Gaudet <dg...@arctic.org>.
Attach a debugger to it and see what it's doing?

Dean