Posted to users@maven.apache.org by su...@wipro.com on 2010/01/20 15:01:52 UTC

Multiple commons-logging versions break site:stage for multi-module projects

Hi,

Using Maven 2.1.0 with jdk 1.6 unders Windows XP.

Problem is that with site:stage command fails with the following error

[INFO]
[ERROR] FATAL ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] null
Invalid class loader hierarchy.  You have more than one version of
'org.apache.c
ommons.logging.Log' visible, which is not allowed.
[INFO]
[INFO] Trace
java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.javadoc.JavadocUtil.fetchURL(JavadocUtil.java
:730)

I have commons-logging-1.1.1 added as a dependency in the projects.
I got this problem with usage of site-plugin version 2.1 which probably
uses commons-logging-1.0.4

With the previous plugin version it was working fine.

I am having a flat multi-module maven project structure.

Any help to exclude this dependency or work-around my problem is
appreciated.

Regards
Subir

www.wipro.com

Re: Multiple commons-logging versions break site:stage for multi-module projects

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
subir.sasikumar@wipro.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Using Maven 2.1.0 with jdk 1.6 unders Windows XP.
>
> Problem is that with site:stage command fails with the following error
>
> [INFO]
> [ERROR] FATAL ERROR
> [INFO]
> [INFO] null
> Invalid class loader hierarchy.  You have more than one version of
> 'org.apache.c
> ommons.logging.Log' visible, which is not allowed.
> [INFO]
> [INFO] Trace
> java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
>         at
> org.apache.maven.plugin.javadoc.JavadocUtil.fetchURL(JavadocUtil.java
> :730)

Hint: Javadoc plugin

> I have commons-logging-1.1.1 added as a dependency in the projects.
> I got this problem with usage of site-plugin version 2.1 which probably
> uses commons-logging-1.0.4

The site plugin has a transitive dependency on commons-logging:1.0.4,
but that shouldn't be a problem.

> With the previous plugin version it was working fine.
>
> I am having a flat multi-module maven project structure.
>
> Any help to exclude this dependency or work-around my problem is
> appreciated.

Please run this command on your project to find out which dependencies
come from where:

mvn dependency:tree

--
Dennis Lundberg