Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by faris backer <fa...@gmail.com> on 2020/08/24 10:23:15 UTC

Clipboard: Disable copy is not working if disable paste is unchecked

Hi,

*UseCase:* Need to disable clipboard for copying data from rdp connection to
client, But users should be able to past copy into rdp instances.

We have checked disable-copy with disable-paste unchecked in rdp connection
setting. But users are able to copy in and out from server. Is this a known
bug?.

Tested below combinations:
 disable-copy 1 disable-paste 1 : working as expected
 disable-copy 0 disable-paste 1 : working as expected
 disable-copy 1 disable-paste: *not working*(users are able to copy paste in
and out)

Re: Clipboard: Disable copy is not working if disable paste is unchecked

Posted by faris backer <fa...@gmail.com>.
thanks for the update.

Re: Clipboard: Disable copy is not working if disable paste is unchecked

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Aug 25, 2020 at 12:19 AM faris backer <fa...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi, Noticed  bug is closed in Jira. will it be part of new version ? when
> can
> we expect the new version to be released.

Yes, the fix has been merged to the git master branch and will be part of
the next release.  We do not currently have a date set for the next release.

-Nick

Re: Clipboard: Disable copy is not working if disable paste is unchecked

Posted by faris backer <fa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mike Jumper <mj...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Aug 24, 2020 at 10:03 AM Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 24, 2020 at 6:23 AM faris backer <fa...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> *UseCase:* Need to disable clipboard for copying data from rdp connection
>> client, But users should be able to past copy into rdp instances.
>>
>> We have checked disable-copy with disable-paste unchecked in rdp
>> connection
>> setting. But users are able to copy in and out from server. Is this a
>> known
>> bug?.
>>

>> Tested below combinations:
>>  disable-copy 1 disable-paste 1 : working as expected
>>  disable-copy 0 disable-paste 1 : working as expected
>>  disable-copy 1 disable-paste: *not working*(users are able to copy paste
>> in
>> and out)
>>

> Yes, I can confirm this behavior in my installation of Guacamole, as
> well.  Looks like this is likely a bug/regression in the latest version -
> I'll see if I can track down where it occurs in the code.

I have opened https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GUACAMOLE-1158 for this.

- Mike

Re: Clipboard: Disable copy is not working if disable paste is unchecked

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.