Posted to log4net-user@logging.apache.org by Ron Grabowski <ro...@yahoo.com> on 2005/07/01 04:01:52 UTC

Re: XmlConfigurator or DOMConfigurator

You only need one of those. I usually do this:

protected void Application_Start(Object sender, EventArgs e)
{
 log4net.Config.XmlConfigurator.ConfigureAndWatch(
  new System.IO.FileInfo(
   AppDomain.CurrentDomain.SetupInformation.ApplicationBase +
"log4net.config"));
 log.Info("Application started");
}

protected void Application_End(Object sender, EventArgs e)
{
 log.Info("Application ended");
 log4net.LogManager.Shutdown();
}

My log4net.config file is located in the same folder as web.config.

What happens when you turn on log4net's internal debug log in your
web.config?

 <appSettings>
  <add key="log4net.Internal.Debug" value="true" />
 </appSettings>
 <system.diagnostics>
  <trace autoflush="true">
   <listeners>
    <add
     name="log4netInternalDebugListener"
     type="System.Diagnostics.TextWriterTraceListener"
     initializeData="C:\\writeable_directory\\log4net.txt" />
   </listeners>
  </trace>
 </system.diagnostics>