Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by igorkl <ik...@ucsd.edu> on 2007/11/23 23:49:05 UTC

running Quickstart sample in SM-3.2

Hi,

I am trying to run the sample from Quickstart
http://servicemix.apache.org/1-quick-start.html#1.Quickstart-StarttheServer
in SM 3.2, but there are no deploy and install directories under
<servicemix_home> directory.
deploy is under data/smx, but no install.
Can anybody tell me how to run that sample in 3.2?

Thanks,

Igor

Re: running Quickstart sample in SM-3.2

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@iona.com>.
Hi Igor,

 From SM 3.2 we have new hotdeploy feature, which means when startup
servicemix, all components shiped with servicemix will be installed
automatically to the folder <servicemix_home>/data, so you needn't copy
component yourself to install folder, just copy the samples sa to
data/smx folder should be fine. Our document is out of data, would you
please fill a jira to track this issue?
Thanks very much
Freeman

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@skynet.be>.
Igor,

As of ServiceMix 3.2, the install and deploy directories have been
changed into a single hotdeploy directory.  You can now put any JBI
artifact in this directory (service assembly or a JBI component)

Gert