Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Rizwan Merchant <ri...@alpha-it.com> on 2005/08/05 20:10:11 UTC

external dependencies for maven2

Hi,
I have some external jar files that do not follow the naming conventions
desired by maven2. take for example a jar file called hapi.jar
These files are also not part of the maven repository. When I try to compile
using maven2, I want maven to be able to see these jar files somewhere. How
do I do this? where do i store the jar files and how do I define the
dependency in the pom.xml file?

thanks,
-Riz.

Re: external dependencies for maven2

Posted by Allan Ramirez <ar...@exist.com>.
Hi,

You can use the maven install plugin for this. install:install-file goal
will install your file in your local repository.

Regards,
allan