Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Steve Fuchs <st...@aps.org> on 2011/01/18 16:03:43 UTC

sorting based on pivot aggregations

Hi
I am using pivots extensively in my search,and they work well for searching and displaying. But I find the need to be able to sort by the sum of a certain pivot, after it is collapsed.

So if my pivot term is:"student_id,test_grade"
I'd want to be able to sort on the number of tests a student has taken. and also get an average. something like:
 :sort => sum( student_id,test_grade )/ count( student_id,test_grade )

where the values would be summed and counted over all of the entries where student_id was the same.

It doesn't seem to be working now, but does seem like a feature people would like. Is there any plan to implement it? Or even better a patch that I could apply?

thanks in advance
steve

Re: sorting based on pivot aggregations

Posted by Steve Fuchs <st...@aps.org>.
Hello and Thanks for the reply.

I've been over that page, and it doesn't seem like it helps with the pivoting aspect.

That is if I am sorting via an existing pivot 'sum(student_id,test_grade)' I want my groups of student_id sorted by the sum of test_grade with that student_id.
The data is all there and I can retrieve it, I just need solr to do some sorting magic with it...

thanks in advance again...

Posted by Ahmet Arslan <io...@yahoo.com>.